Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: different film types

  1. #1
    Inactive Member lorrin's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 11th, 2002
    Posts
    2
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    newish user...
    been using super 8 a while, but only ever the kodachrome 40. anyone got any advice on using the faster speeds (am planning to shoot at dusk, with lights, but will need as much help on the exposure as possible i think). does anyone know how different the faster speeds look? is the colour still as good? and what's the difference in term of look & use with the negative films?
    cheers,
    lorrin

  2. #2
    Inactive Member jefury's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 31st, 2001
    Posts
    114
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Lots of people don't like the Kodak Ektachrome 7240 film, but I think it's pretty cool. It's a high speed film with an ASA/ISO of 125.

    From the results of what I shot, I didn't find Ektachrome too grainy and the colours were pretty good. Be careful not to overexpose the film /If it's too dark, you may want to take out the 85 filter OR have extra lighting with gels. This is only through my experience with this film.

    Good luck!

    Jeffery

    <font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ July 11, 2002 11:35 PM: Message edited by: jefury ]</font>

  3. #3
    Inactive Member Nigel's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 31st, 2000
    Posts
    1,668
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I like the 7240 stock as well. But, shoot it with an 85B not the 85A that is in your camera for Daylight shooting.

    Good Luck

  4. #4
    Inactive Member Hanthx's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 27th, 2000
    Posts
    420
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hope this is not off the thread too much but...
    last month I did a shoot for Ricki Lake and shot a ton of tri-x, 320t, and one K40.
    The lighting was relatively low (cranked wide open even with the 320t) and the K40 performed flawlessly.
    Im mean, there wasn't a single underexposure.
    I did have some underexposure with the Tri-x but thats atleast two stops more than k40...no prob with the negetive but I don't like the quality of it when I can't overexpose it.

    Just thinking out loud.

    Scott

  5. #5
    Inactive Member lorrin's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 11th, 2002
    Posts
    2
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    cheers all! thanks for the advice; guess i'm going to have to try it out to tell for sure...
    lorrin

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •